For the purposes of this article I’d like to make some assumptions:
- The reason many people write on social media sites is to persuade other people.
- There is a big difference between knowing something and being able to effectively communicate that knowledge.
- There are effective methods of communication to help transfer information from one person to another. [other than yelling, cussing and insults]
- The better we learn how to communicate the better chance we will have to persuade others.
- It’s not what we say, it’s how we say it that matters.
If we can agree on these points, the following information can be the foundation for effective persuasion.
Four steps to writing persuasive commentary
Essay Outlines & The Claim, Evidence, Warrant Model
Using Rhetorical Strategies for Persuasion
USC research and writing guides
How to site your sources in a research paper
Templates for research and outlines
Strategies for Gathering Reliable Information
Analyzing Commercials: Recognizing Methods of Persuasion and Becoming a Critical Consumer
This is funny. I don’t know if it’s facts: